Tonight I overheard something refreshing. A mother was talking with her young daughter and I heard her give the girl some great advice we need to be reminded of often.
The mother told the child that:
- She could not be embarrassed, that she should always enjoy life because “we only have one trip in this world and we need to make the best of it.”
- “That she should always enjoy what you do and have fun doing whatever you do.”
- “That she should have fun with others and not at the expense of others.”
I thought of a few more as I listened to this great motherly advise we need to be reminded of often in our lives.
- “Do unto others as you would have done unto you.”
- “If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t day anything at all.”
- “If you smile, you can start a movement throughout the world.”
- “Enjoy everyday, you don’t know if you have a tomorrow.”
- “Discipline is the bridge to success.”
Now some of these sayings are not mine, but they stick in my head and I try to live with the meaning and ideals in my life. Our world needs help to integrate ideas, sayings and life lessons like these into our lives more often. We can learn a lot about others in our schools, work, communities and cities so we can all appreciate each other. Perhaps if we did this, we could get along better and have enjoyable social interactions instead of edgy, cold meetings.
What are some of your favorite “life lessons”? Please fee free to respond.
How Can I Help You?