I received this from Mary Lynn Ziemer and wanted to share with everyone.
52 Random Acts of Kindness for 2013
1. Pay genuine compliments to random people throughout the day.
2. Tape quarters to toy machines for kids who come along.
3. Volunteer to tutor a child once a week at an elementary school.
4. Take flowers to a senior center, nursing home, hospital, police station, or shut-ins.
5. Deliver fresh-baked cookies to city workers.
6. Bring flowers to work and share them with coworkers.
11. Pay the tab for the person behind you in a drive-thru.
8. If you’re a retail business owner, donate a percentage of receipts for the week to a special cause.
9. Give compliments to random strangers you meet throughout the day.
10. Have a clean-up party in the park.
11. Extend a hand to someone in need. Give your full attention and simply listen.
12. Leave a treat or handmade note of thanks for a delivery person or mail carrier.
13. Place a giant pile of pennies next to a fountain, along with a note about making wishes.
14. Offer to babysit for a single parent.
15. Slip paper hearts with a dollar bill that say “It’s Random Acts of Kindness Week! Have a great day!” under the windshield wipers of parked cars.
16. Have a charity day at work, with employees bringing nonperishable food items to donate.
17. Serve complimentary refreshments to customers, or bring coffee and treats to clients or co-workers
18. Draw names at school or work, and have people bring a small gift or food treat for their secret pal.
19. Remember the bereaved with phone calls, cards, plants, and food.
20. Treat someone to ice cream.
21. Hand out Starbucks gift cards to people who could use a pick-me-up.
22. Give a bag of groceries to a homeless person.
23. Send a gift anonymously to a friend.
24. Leave an extra big tip for your server.
25. Be a good neighbor. Take over a baked treat or stop by to say “Hello.”
26. Transport someone who can’t drive.
27. Mow a neighbor’s grass.
28. Leave boxes of sidewalk chalk on the playground for kids to find.
29. Send a treat to a school or day-care center.
30. Volunteer at an agency that needs help.
31. Wipe rainwater off shopping carts or hold umbrellas for shoppers on the way to their cars.
32. Give the gift of your smile and laughter.
33. Drop off a plant, cookies, or donuts to the police or fire department.
34. Offer to return a shopping cart to the store for someone loading a car.
35. Organize a scout troop or service club to help people with packages at the mall or grocery.
36. Offer to pay 3 random people’s library overdue fees.
37. Send a letter to some former teachers, letting them know the difference they made in your life.
38. Volunteer to read to students in the classroom.
39. Write notes of appreciation and bring flowers or goodies to teachers or other important people, such as the principal, nurse, custodian, and secretary.
40. Leave diapers and wipes on a changing table of a public restroom and a note letting them know it’s free to take, just pass along the kindness.
41. Give a hug to a friend.
42. Tell your children why you love them.
43. Write a note to a friend or relative and tell them why they are special.
44. Tape a lottery ticket inside a public restroom stall with a note saying, “Is this your lucky day?”
45. Write a thank-you note to a mentor or someone who has influenced your life in a positive way.
46. Plug random parking meters with extra time.
47. Donate time at a senior center.
48. Give blood.
49. Visit hospitals with smiles, treats, and friendly conversation for patients.
50. Stop by a nursing home, and visit a resident with no family nearby.
51. Leave dollar bills in random toy bins at the store.
52. Give another driver your parking spot.
POST What Acts you do.
How Can I Help You?